Beauty Hacks With Coconut water You Wish You Knew Sooner
Coconut water has been around for a long time now. It was first discovered in the early 1900s and since then, coconut water has become an increasingly popular beverage.
While it’s true that coconut water is healthy, there are also a lot of myths surrounding it. Some people think that drinking coconut water will give them diarrhea, while others believe that it will cause their hair to fall out.
But did you know that coconut water can actually be used to create some amazing beauty hacks? In this article, I’m going to share with you some of the best beauty routine hacks using coconut water.
1. Remove Makeup Easily And Quickly
If your makeup gets on your face during the day or if you’re just not feeling like putting any make-up on at all, try applying coconut oil instead! This natural product works as both a moisturizer and a primer. Just apply a small amount onto clean sensitive and oily skin before applying foundation. The result: flawless makeup application without having to worry about smudging anything.
2. Get Rid Of Dry Skin
Dry skin isn’t fun. But luckily, coconut water helps get rid of dry skin by hydrating the outer layer of our skin. Simply massage coconut milk into your hands and feet after showering. Your skin should feel soft and smooth within minutes.
3. Prevent Hair Loss
Did you know that coconut water contains potassium which prevents hair loss? All you have to do is mix one part coconut water with two parts apple cider vinegar and leave it overnight. Rinse off the mixture once in the morning and use shampoo regularly.
4. Moisturize Hands & Feet
Did you know that coconut water makes great hand cream?
It’s true! I use it all the time. It has a light texture and absorbs quickly, making for an easy application. Plus, it smells amazing! This is one of my favorite beauty hacks with coconut water.
Coconut Water Hand Cream Ingredients:
1 cup unsweetened canned or bottled coconut milk
2 tablespoons shea butter
3-4 drops of essential oil of your choice
Directions: In a bowl, combine ingredients until well mixed. Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator. Use daily.
Mix equal amounts of coconut water and olive oil together and rub it between your palms until they look shiny again. Use this trick when you need to keep your hands hydrated throughout the day.
5. Treat Sunburns
Sunburns aren’t pleasant but fortunately, coconut water does wonders against sun damage. To treat sunburns, simply soak a cotton ball in coconut water and place them directly over the affected area. Leave it alone for 15 minutes and rinse away.
6. Reduce Pimples
Pimples don’t go well with anyone so here’s another way to reduce pimple breakouts – coconut water! Apply fresh coconut juice mixed with honey several times daily.
7. Whiten Teeth
You’ve probably heard of baking soda being used to whiten teeth. Well, coconut water works too! Combine 1/8 cup of coconut water with 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and brush it gently across your teeth twice per week.
8. Clean Scratches
Scratching yourself doesn’t mean you have to suffer from painful scratches. Instead, take advantage of coconut water’s antibacterial properties and dab a little bit of coconut oil on the scratch.
9. Soothe Aching Muscles
Coconut water has been proven time and time again to relieve muscle aches. If you want to relax sore muscles, combine 3 tablespoons of coconut water with 4 drops of peppermint essential oils and drink immediately.
10. Fight Bacteria
Bacteria love warm temperatures. That means bacteria like it hot outside. Luckily, coconut water keeps us cool inside. When we sweat, our body temperature rises. And because sweating releases toxins through urine, stool, tears, etc., coconut water can be an effective detoxifier.
It’s a natural source of electrolytes, and it contains potassium which helps to regulate the body’s fluid balance. The best thing about drinking coconut water is that it tastes good. There are many different ways to enjoy coconut water including shakes, smoothies, ice cubes, and more.
11. Relieve Constipation
Constipation happens when there are fewer stools than normal. Drinking plenty of fluids will prevent constipation since it flushes out toxins. However, drinking plain cold water won’t work. Try adding some ginger root powder to increase its effectiveness.
The immune system protects our bodies from germs and other harmful substances. It also fights infections. Did you know that vitamin C boosts immunity while zinc strengthens bones? Both vitamins are found naturally in coconuts.
12. Get Rid Of Acne
Acne occurs when dead cells build up under the surface of the oily skin. This causes blackheads or whiteheads to form. The best thing about coconut water is that it removes dirt and debris from pores without clogging them. Additionally, it reduces inflammation by dilating blood vessels.
13. Prevent Hair Loss
Hair loss isn’t just embarrassing; it’s dangerous as well. According to WebMD, women who lose more than 50% of their scalp hair experience an increased risk of developing cancerous tumors. Fortunately, coconut water helps prevent hair loss by strengthening follicles. Simply apply coconut milk to your head before bedtime. Let it sit overnight then wash it off in the morning.
14. Reduce Blemishes
Blemishes aren’t always something we want to deal with. Luckily, coconut water does wonder when applied topically. Mix 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda with 2 teaspoons of coconut water and rub gently over blemish areas. Leave on for 5-10 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
Coconut water Beauty recipes
I’m going to show you how coconut water can be used in a variety of ways, from haircare and skincare products to makeup removers and even as an alternative for shaving cream!
Let’s get started with the beauty hacks that I use every day:
1) Shaving Cream Alternative – This is one of my favorite things about using coconut water on your face. Instead of buying expensive shave creams, try this homemade recipe instead. Just mix together equal parts coconut oil and coconut water until they become creamy. Apply generously all over your face and let dry completely. Then simply wipe away any remaining residue with a damp cloth.
2) Makeup Remover – Another great way to remove eye makeup is to soak a cotton ball in coconut water. Place them directly onto your eyes and leave for 10 seconds. Remove and pat dry. Repeat if necessary.
3) Body Scrub Recipe – If you have sensitive skin like me, you may not feel comfortable rubbing lotions into your body. But don’t worry because coconut water works wonders too! To create a soothing scrub, combine equal amounts of coconut oil and coconut water. Add essential oils such as lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, rosemary, etc., depending on what type of scent you prefer. Use sparingly around problem areas such as knees, elbows, feet, hands, and back. Massage vigorously for 3-5 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water afterward.
4) Face Mask – For those days where you need extra hydration but don’t want to drink gallons of water, try making your own face mask. Combine equal parts coconut oil and honey. Spread evenly across clean face and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
5) Natural Toothpaste – Did you know that coconut water has antibacterial properties? It also contains potassium which strengthens enamel and prevents tooth decay. Try mixing equal parts coconut water and salt. Brush teeth twice daily after meals.
6) Moisturizing Lip Balm – When lips are chapped due to cold weather, coconut water provides instant relief. Simply massage coconut butter into cracked lips and enjoy its moisturizing benefits.
7) Hair Care Recipes – There are so many different types of hair problems out there. From split ends to dandruff, these natural remedies will help keep your tresses healthy and strong.
For oily or greasy hair, add two tablespoons of olive oil along with half a cup of coconut water to shampoo. Allow mixture to sit for 30 minutes prior to rinsing.
If you suffer from frizzy hair, apply coconut milk straight from the container. Let it sit overnight before washing.
To tame flyaway hairs, just pour some coconut milk into a spray bottle and spritz it throughout wet hair.
Finally, if you’re looking for a quick fix for brittle hair, mix three cups of coconut milk with four cups of apple cider vinegar. Pour through hair while still wet. Leave on for 20 minutes then rinse well.
8) DIY Facial Cleanser – I love how easy it is to use coconut water as an alternative facial cleanser. All you need is a bowl filled with ice cubes and enough coconut water to cover the top layer of ice. Dip your fingers in the liquid and gently rub against your cheeks, forehead, nose, chin, neck, ears, and eyelids. The cool sensation feels amazing!
9) Homemade Deodorant – This homemade deodorant recipe uses baking soda instead of aluminum chloride. Mix one part baking soda with five parts coconut oil until smooth. Apply liberally underarms and let air dry.
10) Soothing Bath Salts – These bath salts contain Epsom Salt, sea salt, and Himalayan Pink Sea Salt. They smell delicious and provide added minerals to your tub.
11) Shaving Cream – A great way to shave without using shaving cream is by applying coconut oil directly onto your legs. Rub in circular motions for about 10 seconds. Then wash away with warm water.
12) Makeup Remover – Another simple makeup remover trick involves adding 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Blend together and wipe over your eyes.
13) Skin Whitening Treatment -Coconut oil can be used to treat acne scars and blem