Home laser hair removal has become very popular over the last decade. The procedure involves using a handheld device called a laser to remove unwanted hair from various parts of the body.
It costs anywhere between $200-$400 per session. Some clinics offer discounts for multiple sessions or packages. If you want to save some cash, consider going to a clinic that offers free consultations.
The first thing you need to know about home laser hair removal is that it’s not permanent. You will have to go back and get treated every six months to keep your results. This means that if you don’t like how it looks after 6 months, you can always try again.
Home laser hair removal types
There are many different types of lasers used in-home laser hair removal. Each one works differently but all use light energy to destroy hair follicles. There are two main types: long-pulsed (or fractional) and short-pulsed.
Long-pulse lasers work by targeting individual hair follicles with pulses of light. They heat up the area around the follicle until it burns away. It takes longer than short-pulse lasers so the treatment time is usually more than an hour.
Short-pulse lasers target only the top layer of skin. They heat up this layer which causes blood flow to increase and then cool down quickly. This process destroys hair follicles without damaging surrounding tissue.
Both types of lasers can be effective at removing hair on most areas of the body. However, they tend to work best on dark hair. Light-colored hairs may require several treatments before they start to fade.
What you should know about home laser hair removal
Before you decide whether home laser hair removal is right for you, here are some things you should know.
- Laser hair removal is not permanent. It does not change the color of your hair permanently. Your hair will grow back within a few weeks.
- Home laser hair removal doesn’t work well on black people. Black people often have thicker hair than other races. This makes them harder to treat effectively.
- It’s important to find a good clinic. A bad clinic could end up costing you thousands of dollars.
- Don’t expect miracles. Even though home laser hair removal is becoming increasingly popular, it won’t make your hair completely disappear.
- Results vary depending on the person and their hair type. Some people see immediate results while others may take several treatments before seeing any improvement.
- You must be careful when treating yourself. Do not attempt to do it yourself unless you have been trained by a professional.
- Be prepared for side effects. These include redness, swelling, itching, pain, bruising, and even blisters.
- If you have darker skin tones, you should avoid getting laser hair removal done at home because it could make your skin look unevenly tanned.
- You also shouldn’t do it during pregnancy or while breastfeeding because there isn’t enough research into its safety.
At-home laser hair removal Pros and cons
Hair removal devices are safe for amateur users, but they’re not very effective. Lasers are more powerful than IPLs, so they’re better for removing hair. Still, lasers aren’t as effective as professional devices.
Hair removal is a pain. You need to go to a salon or use a laser.
Laser hair removal safety
You should avoid using these devices near your eyes, over tattoos, and in the genital area. These places are sensitive and need extra care.
At-home devices may have limited battery power or light cartridges that need to be replaced. Professional hair removal usually gives you more bang for your buck.
Popular home laser hair removal devices
These are the main home laser hair removal devices available today:
1. Silk’n FlashGo Express IPL Laser Hair Removal System
This compact-sized tool is a powerful tool for removing hair fast. It’s easy to use and works well for targeting areas such as the upper lip and arms. You can use it every other week for two weeks to achieve long-lasting results.
2. MiSMON Hair Removal Device
A hair remover that works! You can see how many times you use it, and it doesn’t cost much. It’s easy to use and won’t burn your skin.
3. GOZYE Elelsilk Laser Hair Removal Device
For a quarter of the price, you’ll get the IPL technology, but without the bells and whistles. You won’t get a countdown timer telling you how many pulses there are left, nor will you be able to use the device on your body parts that aren’t covered by hair.
Laser hair removal is a great tool for people who want to get rid of unwanted hair. My mom gave me this tool as a graduation present because she knew how much I wanted to be free of hair. This device uses intense pulsed light, or IPL, to treat my legs in less than ten minutes. It has more than 300,000 flashes, equal to about sixteen years of treatment. I am now hooked on laser hair removal.
5. Silk Infinity
A compact, portable device that works well for all skin tones. The device lasts long enough to make it worthwhile.
6. Imene IPL Laser Hair Remover
Laser hair removal is elective. Sometimes brands and derms downplay the discomfort associated. With this device, you’ll feel less pain than other methods. You can use it on yourself or others. You can do it anywhere. You can even do it while you’re sleeping.
7. mē Sleek Permanent Hair Reduction Device
This product is the only device of its kind that’s FDA-approved for every hair color and complexion. It’s also the most affordable device of its type. You’ll get smooth skin for way longer than you’d expect from a razor.
8. Philips Lumea IPL Hair Remover
Abe is a big fan of Philips products, especially their hair removal and grooming functions. He also says that the Salon IPL Technology in this product prevents hair regrowth over the long term.
9. SmoothSkin Pure IPL Hair Removal Device
Laser hair removal devices work by using a broad spectrum of light to remove hair follicles. This device works by using a broader range of light than other lasers. However, it doesn’t work well for people with darker skin tones.
10. Lukelady Home IceSense IPL Laser Hair Removal Green
This is an emerald stunner that cools down your body temperature. It also has a handle that makes it easy to use. Most people think that this product is very useful because it doesn’t flash to your eyes.
12. Tria Beauty Hair Removal
This gadget is designed to reduce hair by using light energy. It’s a great tool for people who want to remove hair from hard-to-reach places such as the back of your head, underarms, bikini line, etc.
14. Iluminage Touch Permanent Hair Reduction System
High power IPL technology, 120k pulses, and the ability to target blonde and red hair follicles make this gadget a force to be reckoned with. Consistent use will result in fast results. This device uses intense pulse light (IPL) to treat unwanted hair across various skin types and hair colors. Make sure to read the instructions carefully before using.
14. JOVS Venus Pro
Laser hair removal devices often use a small head attached to a larger body. This allows the user to rotate the head 360 degrees while using the device. The rotating head makes it easier to target areas such as your face, arms, legs, and bikini line. The removable head lets you switch out attachments depending on where you want to remove hair. The LED light helps with skin rejuvenation and wrinkles.
15. Kenzzi IPL Laser Hair Removal Handset
This product is designed to help people who suffer from chronic pain. The device uses heat therapy to reduce inflammation and relieve discomfort. It also helps to relax muscles and increase blood flow.
16. DEESS Permanent Hair Removal System
This new DEESS product uses cold temperatures to help remove unwanted hair. It also helps reduce pain during the procedure.
17. Dr. Dennis Grossman’s Intense Pulsed Light Machine
The doctor developed this machine to provide his patients with the best experience possible. This device is used to treat everything from acne scars to dark spots. It can even improve cellulite appearance.
18. BBE VelaShape
The VelaShape is one of the best devices available today when it comes to laser hair removal. Its unique cooling system provides effective treatment without causing damage.