Do you want to learn how to make homemade body wash? If yes then keep reading!
Making your own body wash is super simple and inexpensive. In this post, I will show you how to make a basic body wash recipe using simple ingredients you already have at home. This DIY is also suitable for all skin types, including irritated skin and sensitive skin.
especially for dry skin. It’s especially good for people who are looking for gentle products that won’t irritate their skin.
I’m going to show you how to make your own DIY body wash using natural ingredients.
So let’s get started,
Ingredients of Homemade Body Wash:
1 cup of filtered water
2 cups of organic coconut oil
3 tablespoons of baking soda
4-5 drops of essential oils like lavender or almond oil or vitamin E
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until they are well combined.
Then pour into a container and put in the fridge overnight. The next day, remove it from the fridge and apply it to your body. You can use as much or as little product as you want to depend on how much time you have.
You can also add some extra scents if you want. For example, you could add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract to the mix.
If you don’t have any essential oils, you can just add 2-3 drops of your favorite scent.
This DIY body wash is perfect for everyday use. You can use it every morning before showering or even after a workout, it smells amazing and leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
But before applying the gel it is always better to make a Brown sugar scrub with organic honey than a regular store-bought one. Raw honey has more nutrients than the other type of honey available in stores.
You’ll be able to make different types of scrubs by changing the ingredients used.
So let’s start with this DIY body scrub!
Ingredients of body scrub:
• 1 cup of coconut oil
• ½ cup of olive oil
• ¼ cup of shea butter
• ¾ cup of jojoba oil
• 5 tablespoons of castor oil
• 3 tablespoons of avocado oil
• 4 teaspoons of coconut milk powder
• 1 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1 teaspoon of sea salt
• 2 cups of brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
• 1/8th cup of essential oils
First, we’re gonna combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl. We’re gonna mix them thoroughly until there are no lumps left.
Then we’re gonna add the wet ingredients to the bowl. Mix everything together until it forms a thick paste.
Now we’re gonna transfer the mixture into a container.
We’re gonna seal the container tightly and put it in the refrigerator overnight.
After 24 hours, we’re gonna remove the container from the fridge. And we’re gonna shake the mixture vigorously until it turns into a smooth cream.
Now we’re gonna divide the mixture into two containers. One for the body and facial scrub.
skin healthy tips:
- If you have oily skin, try mixing a small amount of baking soda with the scrub instead of the coconut milk powder.
- Try adding some essential oils like lavender, rosemary, orange blossom, etc.
- Don’t forget to moisturize afterward.
- Use this homemade body wash once a week.
- You can also use this scrub as an exfoliating mask. Just leave it on for 10 minutes and rinse off.
- You can change the ratio of the ingredients to suit your needs.
- You can add more or less of each ingredient to get the desired effect.
- You can replace coconut oil with almond oil or lavender oil.
- You can substitute cocoa powder for cacao powder.
- You can use this recipe as a base for making many different recipes.
- You can experiment with different essential oils.
- You can make this recipe vegan by using only olive oil and coconut oil.
why the scrub is important before the body wash?
- Softens the skin by removing dead cells.
- Removes dirt and oil from the surface of the skin
- Leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth
- Makes bath time fun!
Why use a natural body wash?
There are many reasons why natural body washes are better than store-bought ones.
- They are cheaper. You can easily make a batch of homemade body wash for a low cost. That’s much cheaper than the price of store-bought body wash.
- They are safer. The store-bought body wash has harsh chemicals which can cause irritation on our skin. shower gel prepared with natural products doesn’t contain any harmful chemicals.
- They are more effective. They don’t just cleanse your skin but they moisturize it as well.
- They smell amazing. The best part about making your own gel is that you get to choose what kind of scent you would like to use.
- They last longer. Unlike that store-bought, homemade body wash lasts up to 6 months in the fridge.
- These natural products soothe mostly itchy skin.
- You can customize them.
To conclude, homemade body washes are a great alternative to store-bought ones. They smell fantastic and leave your skin feeling soft and moisturized, It will save you money and give you an opportunity to create something that is unique to you.