5 nutrients that get rid of acne naturally – Acne is a condition that manifests as blackheads or whiteheads, pimples, and microcysts.
There are many myths about which foods cause or worsen acne problems. This is the case with chocolate or foods high in fat. So far, no studies show that the consumption of certain foods is the direct cause of acne. However, there are nutrients that significantly reduce the severity of the problem, in this article we tell you what they are.
See also: How to Manage Forehead Acne with Bangs?
1. Low glycemic index diet: It is based on reducing the number of refined carbohydrates that increase blood glucose levels, such as white bread, pasta, sweet bread, candy, among others.
2. Vitamin A: an additional supply of this vitamin and the topical application of derivatives (retinol) reduce the production of sebum and improve various dermatological processes, including acne. It is advisable to consume carrots, papaya, spinach, and peppers.
3. Vitamin E: It is very useful for the immune system because it has antioxidant functions, which protect the body’s fats from oxidation and also eliminate free radicals which can damage the skin. Foods that contain vitamin E include seeds such as flax seeds, sunflower seeds, and vegetable oils.
4. Vitamin C: protects the skin against the damaging effects of free radicals. It helps the immune system fight infections and speeds the healing of acne lesions.
5. Zinc: keeps hormone production in balance. A hormonal imbalance resulting from a zinc deficiency can lead to excessive sebum production. Seeds, legumes like beans, and beans are good sources of zinc.
So, although there is apparently no direct relationship between the foods eaten and the onset of acne, eating a balanced diet helps reduce the severity of acne.