Darkening of the neck
Dark spots may appear on the neck that leads to darkening of its color, which turns it to black, which is an embarrassing appearance for a woman, especially who is always interested in her appearance in the best appearance, and although there is no specific reason for the appearance of this blackness, there are many factors that lead to the emergence of this the problem; The most important of these are aging, long exposure to sunlight and lack of attention to personal hygiene is one of the causes of neck darkening.
Causes of neck darkening
Among the factors that lead to blackening of the neck, we mention the following:
- Hereditary causes.
- A sudden change in weight, whether it is weight loss or gain.
- Infection with some diseases such as diabetes and polycystic ovaries.
- Wearing some types of accessories that leave stains on the neck as a result of
- perspiration and the interaction of sweat with the metal components of the accessories.
- Thyroid disorders and lack of secretion.
- Stomach cancer.
- Infection with one of the skin problems in the neck area, such as fungi.
- The use of some poor quality cosmetics, especially those that contain oils.
- The pregnancy period causes skin pigmentation in different areas of the body, including the neck.
- Taking certain types of medications cause this problem.
Neck darkening treatment
There are many solutions to treat dark neck, including:
- Make a neck peeling with natural materials: so that equal quantities of yogurt and oats are mixed with the addition of drops of apple cider vinegar, then the mixture is distributed on the neck and left for a quarter of an hour before showering, as this mask helps to lighten the neck and rid it of dead skin and give the neck softness as well .
- Take care to remove make-up daily before bed, especially when it comes to the neck, as the neck is no different from the skin on the face. Because it contains pores, and the remaining makeup on it leads to the darkening of these pores, making them dark in color and flabby as well.
- Clean the neck with a facial cleanser, while avoiding the use of harsh soaps on that area.
- Neck lightening through laser treatment in specialized centers for this.
- Use creams for skin whitening, which are medicinal creams that you can get from the pharmacy.
Mixtures to whiten the neck and treat its darkening
Flour and milk mixture
The mixture is made according to the following method:
- Two tablespoons of flour.
- Fruit juice from lemon.
- A small amount of milk.
- Mix the ingredients together well, so that the flour is mixed with the milk, and then lemon juice is added.
- Spread the mixture on the neck and leave it for twenty minutes, and then wipe the neck with rose water.
- The process is repeated twice a week to get rid of the darkening of the neck.
Turmeric has properties that cleanse the skin and increase the smoothness of the skin, and it also works to remove pigmentation leading to darkening of the neck, and works to remove dead skin cells. Powdered turmeric can be used by applying it directly to the neck with a simple massage for five minutes, and then the neck is washed with water.
Olive oil with lemon juice
Olive oil has many benefits for the body, skin and hair, as it is one of the best substances that moisturize the skin, as it nourishes it and works to lighten the skin, and lemon is considered a lightening substance for the skin color; Because it contains citric acid, which performs this function, and the mixture is made by mixing equal quantities of lemon juice and olive oil, then the mixture is distributed on the neck and left for twenty minutes and then washed.
The potato has properties that lighten the skin and remove dark spots from the body, and it is used by massaging the neck with potatoes directly, or through potato juice and distributing it on the neck, and in both cases the potato juice is massaged or left for a quarter of an hour, then the neck is washed with water. For better results, mix potato juice with an equal amount of lemon juice and apply it on the neck in the same way.
Tips to prevent neck darkening
- To preserve the color of the neck and protect it from blackness, you must follow the following tips
- Putting sunblock cream on the neck along with the face to protect it from browning.
- Not to wear metal chains of poor quality.
- Moisturise the neck with a moisturizing cream on a daily basis. Immediately treat infections and skin problems that may affect the neck.
- Avoid wearing clothes with a high collar to prevent it from rubbing against the neck.