Teeth whitening is any procedure in which teeth are made to appear whiter, and whitening is performed either by physical processes in which external pigments are removed from the surfaces of the teeth, or by chemical processes, where chemicals interact with the tooth to make it whiter, and there are many ways. Teeth whitening, which includes whitening kinds of toothpaste, and over-the-counter bleaching materials such as whitening gel, whitening lotion, and whitening patches, in addition to the materials in the dentist’s office, and it is worth noting that to obtain ideal results for whitening, some conditions must be met, including the presence of healthy and healthy gums and teeth, and the absence of fillings in the teeth.
Teeth whitening at home
There are many ways to whiten teeth at home for people who do not like to use chemicals, and these methods include the following:
- Brushing with baking soda, as baking soda has the ability to whiten teeth, and therefore it is one of the materials used in toothpastes, and this substance is an abrasive substance that has the ability to scrape off surface pigmentation, and this substance forms a base medium that prevents the growth of bacteria, and does not This substance gives results within a day and night, but a person notices a change in the appearance of his teeth over a period of time, and some studies have indicated that toothpastes that contain baking soda have a clear effect on teeth whitening, and the more baking soda in the toothpaste, the greater its ability The whitening effect is greater, in addition to its effect on teeth whitening, baking soda has an effect on removing the plaque layer from the surface of the teeth, according to what studies indicated, and to make this mixture a teaspoon of baking soda must be placed and mixed with two teaspoons of water until the mixture becomes in the form of Toothpaste and then brushing the teeth with it, and it can be used a few times during the week.
- The use of apple cider vinegar, and it is worth noting that apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries as a sterile and disinfectant substance, in addition to being a natural cleanser, and the active substance that apple cider vinegar contains is acetic acid, and this acid is responsible for killing bacteria, and these The ability to kill bacteria makes it a useful substance in mouth cleaning and teeth whitening, but it must be noted that apple cider vinegar has the ability to scrape and scrape tooth enamel, and for this reason, it is not preferable to use it daily, and also when using it the time period should be reduced. It touches the teeth, and to use it as an oral rinse, it is diluted with water and then rinsed in it for a few minutes, and it is necessary to make sure to rinse with water immediately after rinsing it.
- Eat vegetables and fruits, as food containing large amounts of vegetables and fruits, is good food for the health of the body and dental health, and raw vegetables and fruits help remove plaque from the teeth, and strawberries and pineapple specifically help to whiten teeth.
Other natural ways to whiten your teeth
There are some natural methods that can be used at home, but they are not scientifically proven, meaning that there is no scientific evidence of their effectiveness or how safe they are to use. Among these methods are the following:
- Activated charcoal, as brushing the teeth with charcoal flour would remove toxins from the mouth, as it removes stains from the surfaces of the teeth.
- Kaolin clay, as it is said that brushing with this type of clay removes stains from the surfaces of the teeth.
- Fruit peels, as rubbing the peels of some fruits, such as lemon, oranges, and bananas, would make the teeth whiter.