Benefits of hot pepper (Chili peppers) for hair
Spicy hot pepper is one of the most common substances used as a flavoring for food, and it is a very hot pepper family, as its temperature reaches 30,000- 50,000 Scoville heat units, and is used in Mexican cuisine and in the American Southwest either whole, or in the form of powder in many It is one of the dishes, and Native Americans have used it for thousands of years in medicine and food, and the Chinese and Ayurveda have used it widely in medicine. Because it contains capsaicin, which is the substance that makes a pepper hot, and it is the same active ingredient in many pain-relieving creams and gels, when this type of cream is applied to the skin it cures itching and skin lesions, such as psoriasis.
Benefits of hot pepper for hair
Lengthening hair and maintaining its health is a difficult task, and chemical products are not always guaranteed. As for natural substances, they are considered one of the safest and healthiest substances for hair and skin. Below will be mentioned the benefits of chili for hair growth, and how to use this natural ingredient for hair care:
- Chili peppers contain capsaicin, which is a compound that stimulates hair growth.
- Capsaicin stimulates the blood circulation to the hair follicles, ensuring that nutrients reach the hair, and thus it grows better and healthier.
- Stimulates dormant hair follicles, which increases hair density.
- Topical use of hot pepper makes hair shiny, supple, and more combinable.
Side effects of hot pepper on hair
- Using hot pepper can change the color of dyed hair.
- It can cause allergic reactions and burns, so an allergy test must be done before using masks that contain pepper.
- The stinging and burning sensation from the pepper may last up to 12 hours after use.
- Avoid using hot pepper if the scalp is dry. Because it causes her irritation and exacerbates her condition.
Hot pepper recipes for hair
Hot pepper and olive oil chili pepper
It improves blood circulation, and olive oil moisturizes the hair, which is reflected in the health of hair, and the method of this recipe is:
- 6-5 pods of hot pepper.
- A cup of olive oil.
How to prepare:
- Chop the pepper into small pieces, and add to the olive oil.
- Pour the mixture into a jar, and store it in a cool, dark place, away from sunlight, for 10-15 days.
- After that, the oil is filtered, and the pepper is discarded.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of pepper-infused oil.
- Then divide the hair, and apply the oil to the scalp and along the length of the hair, until it is completely covered.
- Leave the oil for an hour, then wash it with shampoo and conditioner.
- The mask can be repeated up to three times a week.
Hot pepper and castor oil
Castor oil is a well-known hair growth stimulant, and when you add hot pepper, an ideal formula is formed to promote hair growth, and the method of this recipe is:
- 2 tablespoons of ground hot pepper.
- A cup of castor oil
How to prepare:
- The two components are mixed, then stored in a jar away from sunlight for two weeks.
- After the required time has elapsed, take one tablespoon of the oil mixture and apply it to the scalp, massaging it gently using the fingers.
- Leave the mixture for 30 minutes on the scalp, then wash the hair with shampoo and conditioner.
- Repeat this mask 3-4 times a week.
Hot pepper and apple cider vinegar
Apple vinegar adjusts the level of acidity in the scalp and maintains its cleanliness and health, and when adding hot pepper to it, hair growth will be stimulated, and moreover, it will make hair shiny, and the method of this recipe is:
- A tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- A drop of the liquid extracted from hot pepper.
How to prepare:
- Mix the two ingredients in a bowl.
- Rub the mixture on the scalp using fingertips, massaging gently.
- Leave the mixture on the hair for an hour, then rinse with water.
- This can be done up to twice a week.
Hot pepper and coconut oil
Coconut oil is characterized by its ability to penetrate the hair, and when you add other oils to it, such as olive oil, it maintains the health of the hair, while the hot pepper promotes the growth of new hair, and the method of this recipe is:
- Half a cup of coconut oil.
- Half a cup of olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons of hot pepper.
How to prepare:
- Combine coconut oil and hot pepper in a jar, and store in a cool, dark place for two weeks.
- After the two weeks have elapsed, add olive oil to the mixture.
- Take about 2 tablespoons or more, depending on the length of the hair, of the oil, and apply it to the scalp and hair.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash the hair with shampoo.
- This mask can be repeated up to twice a week.