Taking care of yourself and your skin with all-natural products that you make yourself is often very easy and cheaper than you might think! The lip balm is the perfect example: few ingredients, little preparation time, and a pittance!
For all those who want to abandon their Labello in favor of more natural care, here is our selection of the best homemade lip balm recipes!
Coconut – Shea moisturizing lip balm recipe:
(For 6 tubes of 5ml)
- 4 tsp beeswax
- 3 tsp of pure shea butter (or cocoa)
- 6 tsp of vegetable oil (here, coconut)
- 4 drops of vitamin E
- In a double boiler (or over very low heat on an induction hob), melt the beeswax and shea butter.
- When the mixture is completely liquid, add the vegetable oil.
- Still on the heat, pour in the vitamin E and mix well.
- Using a funnel, pour the mixture into the tubes – quite quickly because it cools quickly.
- Let cool in the open air For an hour, then close the cap and put it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Your lip balm is ready to use!
Some explanations :
- Beeswax can be replaced with soy wax for vegan, but you may need to adjust the proportions. It allows the balm to solidify and “glide” well. It is also the binder of the recipe.
- For this recipe, we used shea butter. It’s very hydrating but also very, very expensive. For small budgets, it can very well be replaced by cocoa butter, just as effective.
- As for coconut oil, it’s the most affordable, and we really like its very discreet smell in this recipe. But you can also use jojoba oil or sweet almond oil.
- Finally, vitamin E is an excellent preservative, very well tolerated by almost everyone! We can therefore keep this lip balm for 3 to 6 months.