Have you ever tried to find a night mask that works for troubled skin? If yes, then you probably found yourself disappointed because most of the masks out there are either too expensive or ineffective.
But now, you can create your own night mask at home using natural ingredients that you already have at home. It’s super simple and takes less than 5 minutes to prepare.
Benefits of Overnight Face Mask
Overnight face masks help in improving blood circulation around the eyes and under the nose area. This helps in reducing puffiness and dark circles. It also improves the elasticity and firmness of sensitive skin. These masks also reduce fine lines and wrinkles. They improve overall complexion by removing dead cells from the surface of the skin.
Overnight Masks To Wake Up To Glowing Skin
1. Honey mask:
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
Mix together in a small bowl until well combined. Apply to the face before bedtime for an instant glow!
2. Lavender Honey Mask: Mix 1 tablespoon honey with 2 teaspoons of dried lavender flowers. Let sit on the dry skin for 10 minutes then rinse off. This is great if you’re prone to breakouts.
3. Rosemary Mint Face Mask: Combine equal parts rosemary leaves and mint leaves. Add enough cold water to make it into a paste-like consistency. Spread onto clean dry skin and leave overnight. Rinse off the next morning. You’ll wake up looking refreshed and glowing!
4. Orange Peel Facial Scrub: Use orange peels as an exfoliating scrub. Cut them into thin strips and apply directly to wet skin. Leave on for 15 – 20 minutes and wash off. Your oily skin will be soft and smooth after this treatment.
5. Coconut Milk & Almond Oil Treatment: Massage coconut milk oil all over your body including your feet. Wash off when done. The moisturizing properties of both these oils help keep your combination skin hydrated throughout the day.
6. Lemon Juice + Egg White Mask: Beat one egg white and add lemon juice. Blend thoroughly. Then spread evenly across your face and let sit for about 30 minutes. When finished, gently wipe away any excess mixture.
7. Banana Peanut Butter Mask: Mash two ripe bananas and mix with 3 tablespoons of peanut butter. Smooth onto dampened skin and allow to stay on for 15 minutes. Remove and pat dry.
8. Green Tea Cleanser: Make green tea by boiling 4 cups of warm water and adding 1 teaspoon each of loose black pepper powder and ground ginger. Allow to cool slightly and strain through cheesecloth. Store in refrigerator for later use. Once cooled, pour liquid into a spray bottle and spritz onto cleansed skin.
9. Avocado And Yogurt Mask: Mash half avocado and combine with yogurt. Apply to moistened skin and massage in circular motions.
Acne-Fighting Overnight Mask
If you’re looking for something quick and easy to try first, then this acne-fighting mask may be just what you need! It’s made with ingredients like aloe vera gel, witch hazel extract, tea tree oil, vitamin C, and more. This mask helps reduce inflamed skin and redness as it works its magic on your skin.
Overnight Shea Butter Hand Mask
Shea butter has long been known for its moisturizing properties, making it perfect for keeping your hands soft throughout the day. But did you know shea butter’s natural emollients actually work overtime during the night? That means applying a hand cream made with shea butter after washing up could be just what you need to keep your hands hydrated through the night.
To create this overnight hand mask, simply melt some solidified shea butter in warm water until it becomes liquid again. Dip your fingers or palms into the solution and rub around your nails before rinsing well under running warm water. Repeat if necessary.